Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Eve

Lf to Rt: Fuellenbachs, Ann, Jones' and Hufstetlers
For Christmas Eve, I got our MTC (Mission Training Center) district together for dinner. I was the district leader. So, I have felt that it was my responsibility to lead out on get togethers. We had planned to host the dinner. However, President Jones wanted to prepare the main item for us, so it was decided that it would be easier for them if we met in their home.

It was a delightful evening. We had Spanish breaded and baked chicken dish for the main item, steamed fresh vegetables, a Christmas jello salad and rolls to round out the menu.  For dessert, we took the apple slices wrapped in crescent rolls and baked in a sauce.

Following dinner, we played a game of matching Christmas carols followed by my reading the Christmas story "That Thy Alms May Be in Secret" and Sister Hufstetler reading a story about the World War II Candy Bomber.