![]() |
| Fred with Dave Herbolt |
Dave was a general contractor and a cabinet maker in the Seattle, Washington area for years . He and his wife served as missionaries here in Nauvoo. He had sold his very successful business and home before their mission. After returning home, Facilities Management asked him to return as an employee. He agreed to do so for two years while they found someone to fill that position. He is very particular and good at what he does.
![]() |
| Cabinet Shop |
This new assignment for me came about because I had asked Jordan if I could get some tools. Every project I had done to that point required that I barrow tools from someone in order to complete the task. He asked me to give him a list of what I needed. I told him that a list would depend on what he was going to have me doing. Would I continue to work with the carpenters or the electrical shop or what? He said he would give it some thought and get back with me. Anyway, a few days later he said that they needed someone in the cabinet shop to make shutters and windows and install doors made in the shop to replace doors, windows and shutters that were rotting.
![]() |
| Cabinet Shop |
After working with Dave a few days and getting to know him, I asked Jordan if it was his idea for me to work with Dave or did Dave request to have me. He told me that Dave had asked that I be assigned there. Apparently, he had observed the way I went about setting up the sign board for the inlaid work for the concrete sign and liked the way I worked. Any that is how I got there.
![]() |
| Router Table |
My very first project was to build a new router table for the cabinet shop. This was probably to see what I could do as well as to use for various projects.
![]() |
| Router table |
I will be making more entries about some of the projects I have done while working in the cabinet shop.




