Friday, July 5, 2013

Visitors From Home and More

You never know who you may see from home or someone you know. Last week, Ann was assigned to the Lyon Drug and Mercantile Store. A family came to the site in the afternoon. she thought, "I know this man." He had a start of a beard and was wearing a ball cap with "KSL" on it. She then realized that it was Kevin Eubank, the weather man on Salt Lake City's KSL TV.

Earlier this week, Ann was assigned to the Ticket and Tours station in the visitor's center. She was surprised to see Doug and Lark Woodbury's daughter Susan and her family from Texas. Susan's mother had told her that we were here on a mission.
Fred & Ann with Kim & Wynn Harrison

I was working at the cabinet shop. We were getting ready to deliver a newly constructed cabinet to the basement of the Cultural Hall to be used to hold bonnets used in the Rendezvous shows, when Ann called. She was assigned to the Scovil Bakery which is next door to the Cultural Hall.
Anyway, she said that Wynn and Kim Harrison were there. They had just stopped hoping to see us. They were on their way home from helping move their son to South Carolina. We loaded the cabinet and drove up to the bakery. It was good to see someone from home, especially our home ward. They updated us on some of the things that were going on at home including a newly called stake presidency. The new stake president is Fred Wasden from our home ward. He will be a good stake president.



Near the stage for our "Sunset by the Mississippi" show, I discovered a robin nest with three eggs. I tried to get a picture with the mother robin sitting on the eggs but I couldn't get close enough without her flying away. About one week later following our show, I check again and got the picture with the baby robins. When I touched the nest, their heads popped up and their mouths opened. They thought their parent had brought them something to eat.