Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ann Finds New Cousin Cedar City Aquaintances

Ann with cousin Welton Ward
You never know who you may meet or run into out here. While Ann and I were visiting some of our missionary sites here in Nauvoo, we saw a sister missionary who's name tag said "Sister Ward." I asked her where her home was. When she responded that she was from Malad, Idaho; I turned to Ann and said that I would bet that she is related her.

We went to the black smith shop where her husband was assigned at that time to talk to him.
Sure enough, they are related. His name is Welton Ward. Both he and Ann have  a common ancestor, George Welton Ward. His line goes through George Welton's son George and Ann's line through George Welton's son William.



Treassa Seamons and family




While I was assigned to the visitors center, I greeted a family that looked very familiar. I thought that the wife looked like our daughter Carrie's friend. I asked them if they had lived in Cedar City, Utah. When they said they had, I knew that it had to be Treassa Seamons and her family. They didn't recognize me until I told them that I was Carrie's father. They then remembered me.

They were on their way back home in Utah from visiting Tereasa's parents who are serving a mission in Kirkland, Ohio.